Monday, March 17, 2008

Academic Freedom Conference at NYU

Hey guys!

I just spent the entire night transcribing 2 interviews...

Today I spoke with a representative from The David Project. She was very informative and brought a great (and different from my other interviews) perspective to the table. I did the interview over the phone so I have (thankfully) everything on my computer already.

I also transcribed one of my personal favorite interviews (I love her beliefs in the important role that the arts play in cultivating peace and dialogue) with a MA Candidate from NYU's Arts Politics department. Definitely looking forward to hearing the group's thoughts on her interview. She makes some very thought provoking comments about the arts and dialogue that she connects with Academic Freedom.

I found some information about an upcoming Academic Freedom Conference that NYU will be holding (I will definitely be going to this one since I found out about the previous one 4 days after it ended)...

New York University's Frederic Ewen Academic Freedom Center present:

Academic Freedom in the Age of Permanent Warfare

April 3 - 4, 2008

For more information visit www.nyu.edu/library/bobst/research/tam/ewen.html

To RSVP e-mail RSVP@library.nyu.edu or call 212 992 7052

I didn't realize that NYU has a center for Academic Freedom. My MA Advisor sent me some information on another NYU affiliation- Scholars at Risk. We're still trying to connect for a meeting. I will definitely contact the Frederic Ewen Academic Freedom Center this week and see if they would be willing to speak with us or have any valuable insight.

No comments: